Email this page to a friend:
Man-Thing Polystone Statue
You are looking for:
Please remember the following:
- Sideshow can only refer you to the direct dealer. We do not guarantee that they will still have the item nor do we vouch for the condition or price of the item.
- Sideshow Collectibles will not be involved in any way with any potential transaction resulting from the recommendation.
- You are agreeing to allow us to share your item request and contact information with any vendor(s) in our records that have the item.
Yes, I agree to these Terms & Conditions
The latest to join Sideshow's line of Marvel collectibles is the monstrous Man-Thing Comiquette. Each piece is individually painted and hand-finished, each with its own unique quality and detail that is the trademark of a handcrafted Sideshow Collectibles Comiquette. Complete with LED light-up eyes and towering over 18 inches high, the Man-Thing Comiquette captures the intimidating presence of the mutant guardian in incredible detail, the perfect addition to any Marvel display.
- Product Type:
- Polystone Statue
- Product Size:
- 18.5" H (469.9mm) x 22" W (558.8mm) x 16" D (406.4mm)*
- Product Weight:
- 38.00 lbs (17.24 kg)*
- Box Size:
- 27.75" H (704.85mm) x 24.25" W (615.95mm) x 17.75" L (450.85mm)*
The shipping cost will be calculated on dimensional weight rather than product weight for this item due to its oversized dimensions.
- Est. Shipping Weight:
- 63.00 lbs (28.58 kg)*
- Dimensional Weight (DIM):
- 55 lbs *
- Int'l Dimensional Weight (DIM):
- 73 lbs *
* Product size and weight are approximate values. Est. Ship Weight is an estimated value for U.S. shipping calculated by item, box and shipping materials. US shipping costs may be estimated in DIM weight if oversized warning appears above. click here for additional information. International shipping costs are only based on dimensional weight, click here for more information.
- Tony Cipriano
- Don Rutherford
- Anthony Mestas
- Mat Falls
- The Sideshow Collectibles Design and Development Team
Manufactured by: Sideshow Collectibles
Series content, product specifications, release dates and pricing are subject to change.
Product BackstoryBefore Earth was formed, a creator being from before time spawned the Fallen Stars, each an embodiment of one of its thoughts. On Earth, the creator made a woman, Cleito, representing the nature of reality. Cleito spawned Adam K'ad-Mon, the first Man of Lineage, and their birth site became the Nexus of Reality, a focal point uniting all dimensions. Descendants of K'ad-Mon served as Nexus guardians, but over time the Men of Lineage became less concerned with this mission, until eventually one man abandoned it completely: Ted Sallis.
A biochemistry professor at Empire State University, the sheltered Sallis had no knowledge of his destiny and preferred books to people. The United States Army recruited him into "Project Sulfur," which sought a means to survive bio-chemical warfare. Sallis developed "Serum SO-2," which granted immunity to all known toxic biochemicals, but its mutagenic effects would have transformed people into monsters. Ted's friend, the free-spirited girl Sainte-Cloud, convinced him to denounce the Project, shutting it down before any serum was produced.
Sallis was later reassigned to "Project Gladiator," a S.H.I.E.L.D. research program based in the Florida Everglades and aimed at re-creating the lost "Super-Soldier" serum that had created Captain America. Working separately from his colleagues, Sallis modified his SO-2 formula as the basis for a new Super-Soldier serum. The subversive organization A.I.M. (Advanced Idea Mechanics) wanted the serum and conspired with Ellen, Ted's embittered wife. Upon completing his new serum, Ted committed its formula to memory and burnt his records. When Ellen led Ted into an A.I.M. ambush, he fled and injected the only existing sample of the serum into himself just before his car crashed into the swamp. He should have died, but the magical energies of the swamp (containing the Nexus of Reality) combined with the serum to transform him into the hideous creature later known as the Man-Thing. His intelligence rapidly fading, he slew the A.I.M. agents and Man-Thing made the swamps his home and became the guardian of the Nexus of Reality. Eternally cursed with a monstrous form, barely aware of its past or surroundings, the Man-Thing remains the most startling slime creature of all.
Product Photo Gallery
For a more detailed view, click here to launch our Zoom Gallery.
Beautiful huge statue! Amazing treatment for one of Marvel's great dark characters... You won't be disappointed! It is HUGE and amazingly detailed. When the eyes light up, it is truly epic!
Posted on Mar 31, 2010 3:00am