Email this page to a friend:
You are looking for:
Please remember the following:
- Sideshow can only refer you to the direct dealer. We do not guarantee that they will still have the item nor do we vouch for the condition or price of the item.
- Sideshow Collectibles will not be involved in any way with any potential transaction resulting from the recommendation.
- You are agreeing to allow us to share your item request and contact information with any vendor(s) in our records that have the item.
Yes, I agree to these Terms & Conditions
The Sideshow Exclusive version of the Apatosaurus Maquette includes a unique feature available nowhere else: Apatosaurus skull collectible for complementary display
Sideshow Collectibles is proud to bring you the latest addition to the Sideshow's Dinosauria collectible line, the Apatosaurus Maquette. This dynamic maquette captures the grace and power of this ancient animal of the Jurassic Period. Designed with the insight of renowned paleoartists, each piece is cast in high-quality polystone, hand finished and hand painted to exacting standards. The Apatosaurus Maquette is an impressive museum quality piece, an outstanding addition to any display.
- Product Type:
- Product Size:
- 11" H (279.4mm) x 6" W (152.4mm) x 43.5" D (1104.9mm)*
- Product Weight:
- 10.00 lbs (4.54 kg)*
- Box Size:
- 14.00" H (355.6mm) x 13.00" W (330.2mm) x 51.00" L (1295.4mm)*
The shipping cost will be calculated on dimensional weight rather than product weight for this item due to its oversized dimensions.
- Est. Shipping Weight:
- 10.00 lbs (4.54 kg)*
- Dimensional Weight (DIM):
- 36 lbs *
- Int'l Dimensional Weight (DIM):
- 49 lbs *
* Product size and weight are approximate values. Est. Ship Weight is an estimated value for U.S. shipping calculated by item, box and shipping materials. US shipping costs may be estimated in DIM weight if oversized warning appears above. click here for additional information. International shipping costs are only based on dimensional weight, click here for more information.
- Steve Riojas (Paint)
- Jorge Blanco
- The Sideshow Collectibles Design and Development Team
Manufactured by: Sideshow Collectibles
Series content, product specifications, release dates and pricing are subject to change.
Product BackstoryTendrils of light creep across the horizon on this early morning. The female Apatosaurus is beckoned from slumber, rising above the ground and erecting herself upon massive legs. Slowly and dutifully, she marches out toward the open plain. She is pulled by the dawn like an obedient marionette, congregating with other Apatosaurs summoned by the retreat of night. She knows that to remain at rest during daylight means death. The many years of her life have harshly instilled this instinct.
A sensory reminder of the world's brutality encroaches upon her as the fetid odor of assembling predators fills her nasal cavity. Ambling across a bare escarpment, she cranes her massive neck back but sees nothing. She knows the hunters remain concealed just within the tree line, stalking the edges of the dense foliage and searching for any signs of weakness among the massive sauropods.
Yet, the female stands unafraid. She has lived far too long and grown far too large for any predator to capably assail during her waking hours. As a juvenile, her life among the trees was in constant peril; on many an occasion she witnessed her siblings seized and devoured by nimble Ceratosaurs. Even as a young adult, too immense for forest life and forced out onto the plains, she was ever vulnerable. Allosaurs hunt in the more open terrain, relentlessly hounding her kind and seeking any sign of weakness, vulnerability, or fear as license to begin the attack.
But she is fully mature now, strong and secure in her status as herd matriarch. She no longer feels fear. To her, the carnivores have become more nuisances than genuine threats. Her long tail trails behind her, dancing on the air like a wisp of vine. Its grace conceals its lethality, as one swift crack of the whip-like structure can acutely injure or even cripple even the most hearty and voracious of attackers. She strolls to the front of the herd, taking her place among the group on their journey to find suitable foraging ground. Her legs uproot and heavily replant while marching, unsteadying nearly all of the smaller creatures in sight. Diminutive mammals are rousted from their underground lairs by the thunderous vibrations, sent scurrying into brush far away from the approaching Apatosaurs.
Product Photo Gallery
For a more detailed view, click here to launch our Zoom Gallery.
I received this few days after I ordered! Came in huge box aprox. 1x5 ft! I opened it and Dino is more massive than you can imagine but when I opened the tail was broke badly! Called SS and they already sent me a replacement ! Thank you so much SS keep up great work, I want more DinoS!
Posted on Mar 09, 2012 11:47pm