Email this page to a friend:
Don't Be Afraid of the Dark Polystone Diorama
Sideshow Collectibles is proud to present the Don't Be Afraid of the Dark diorama. Inspired by the gripping Guillermo Del Toro film, the mysterious and vicious inhabitants of Blackwood Manor are captured in 1:1 scale. Creeping out from the darkness, the creatures measure 6.5 and 7.25 inches tall, respectively, and are hand crafted with Sideshow's trademark attention to detail. The Don't Be Afraid of the Dark diorama makes a chilling and noteworthy addition to any collection.
The Don't Be Afraid of the Dark Polystone Diorama features:
- Alphabet Blocks with initials Guillermo Del Toro and Don't Be Afraid
- Don't Be Afraid of the Dark
- Product Type:
- Polystone Diorama
- Product Size:
- 9" H (228.6mm) x 9" W (228.6mm) x 9" L (228.6mm)*
- Product Weight:
- 4.00 lbs (1.81 kg)*
- Box Size:
- 11.00" H (279.4mm) x 11.00" W (279.4mm) x 11.00" L (279.4mm)*
- Est. Shipping Weight:
- 5.00 lbs (2.27 kg)*
- Dimensional Weight (DIM):
- 8 lbs *
- Int'l Dimensional Weight (DIM):
- 26 lbs *
* Product size and weight are approximate values. Est. Ship Weight is an estimated value for U.S. shipping calculated by item, box and shipping materials. US shipping costs may be estimated in DIM weight if oversized warning appears above. click here for additional information. International shipping costs are only based on dimensional weight, click here for more information.
- Nathan Mansfield (Sculpt)
- Mike Najera (Paint)
- Walter O'Neal (Design)
- Justin McMillan (Design)
- The Sideshow Collectibles Design and Development Team
Manufactured by: Sideshow Collectibles
Series content, product specifications, release dates and pricing are subject to change.
Product BackstoryPeering at victims from the darkness and a past that predates humanity, the homunculus creatures dwell in our nightmares made real. They surface with stealth, to catch even a glimpse is unusual, and far more rare are open interactions, except with the isolated or the weak.
Alex, an over-busy father brings his girlfriend Kim and daughter Sally to Blackwood Manor in Rhode Island to begin restoration of the estate. Eight year old Sally finds herself with plenty of time to explore the mansion and discover its secrets, including a hidden basement and sealed fireplace she cant resist opening. Inside, she finds a curious item; a discarded adult tooth.
Drawn to children, the creatures offer few clues to their origin or motives, but they violently prevent the fireplace from being sealed again. Offering insight into their disturbing intentions, they leave a coin under Sally's pillow in exchange for the lost tooth. Rooted in the darkness of the area's underground caves and in the realm of faerie, the creatures become more aggressive in their attempts to abduct Sally, as they likely have uncounted other children. After the creatures brutally attack one of Blackwood's workmen, Mr. Harris, Kim investigates the mysterious history of the estate and its former lord. The terrified family discovers the true intent of these creatures, to abduct Sally, and transform her into one of their own.
Product Photo Gallery
For a more detailed view, click here to launch our Zoom Gallery.
Been waiting 9 months for this. Truly amazed by the datail that went into this piece. I think this is one of your best. Thank You.
Posted on Jan 06, 2013 3:32pm