Email this page to a friend:
Dressing a Galaxy: The Costumes of Star Wars Book
You are looking for:
Dressing a Galaxy: The Costumes of Star Wars
Please remember the following:
- Sideshow can only refer you to the direct dealer. We do not guarantee that they will still have the item nor do we vouch for the condition or price of the item.
- Sideshow Collectibles will not be involved in any way with any potential transaction resulting from the recommendation.
- You are agreeing to allow us to share your item request and contact information with any vendor(s) in our records that have the item.
Yes, I agree to these Terms & Conditions
Limited Autographed Edition
This limited edition volume features the autograph of costume designer Trisha Biggar and is only available from four locations worldwide. Of the 2,500 books that are being published, 1,000 of those books are signed by costume designer Trisha Biggar. SideshowCollectibles.com will be selling 500 of those autographed editions.
The Limited Edition features a hardcover bound with a French-fold jacket, encased in a 16.50" x 13" cloth wrapped clamshell box wrapped in Japanese silk.
The Dressing a Galaxy: The Costumes of Star Wars Book features:
- AUTOGRAPHED BY TRISHA BIGGAR
- 500 full-color illustrations
- Fabric swatches from the Lucasfilm Archives
- Special Insert: "Behind the Seams" depicting costume evolution inside Trisha Biggar's workshop
- Special Edition Lucasfilm DVD with backstage actor commentaries
- Features eight bound-in booklets: Headdresses, Classic Star Wars characters, CG costume, Footwear, "Dressing Bail Organa"
- Costume breakdowns with transparent overlays, Jewelry, Darth Vader
- Six Additional Gatefolds: Jedi Council, Fabric details, Military, Senators, Rogue's Gallery, Padme outfit
- Wookiee belt-buckle replica
- Star Wars
- Product Type:
- Product Size:
- 13" H (330.2mm) x 16.5" W (419.1mm)*
- Box Size:
- 4.00" H (101.6mm) x 15.00" W (381mm) x 22.00" L (558.8mm)*
- Est. Shipping Weight:
- 14.00 lbs (6.35 kg)*
- Dimensional Weight (DIM):
- 14 lbs *
- Int'l Dimensional Weight (DIM):
- 14 lbs *
* Product size and weight are approximate values. Est. Ship Weight is an estimated value for U.S. shipping calculated by item, box and shipping materials. US shipping costs may be estimated in DIM weight if oversized warning appears above. click here for additional information. International shipping costs are only based on dimensional weight, click here for more information.
Manufactured by: Insight Editions
Author: Trisha Briggar
Series content, product specifications, release dates and pricing are subject to change.
Product BackstoryIt takes a dedicated, carefully detailed and skillfully coordinated seamstress to dress an entire galaxy. From the noble robes of a Jedi Knight, to the scum and villainy seated in some small, dark tavern of a barren planet, to the luminous elegance of a Queen's royal gown, to the dark, flowing cloaks of an evil Sith Lord. Each type of costume requires a specialized touch that commands absolute attention to those instantly recognizable characters seen throughout the Star Wars Saga.
Trisha Biggar is just that person with just that specialized touch. As the Costume Designer for the new Star Wars prequel trilogy, Trisha knows all the details that brings the extraordinarily creative designs to life, and now shares her experiences and craft with the fans. Entitled "Dressing A Galaxy - The Costumes of Star Wars" takes us on a journey through such films as The Phantom Menace (1999), Attack of the Clones (2002) and Revenge of the Sith (2005), and the intricate process of crafting the costumes from sketch to screen, displaying them with dazzling results.
Featuring over 500 full-color photographs and illustrations, this beautiful hardcover volume is a collection that highlights all the costumes seen in the six of the Star Wars films with authentic references from the Lucasfilm Archives, along with commentary by Ewan McGregor, Hayden Christensen, Natalie Portman, Samuel Jackson, Jimmy Smits and Keisha Castle-Hughes, a foreword by Rick McCallum and preface by George Lucas. This book even details the virtual costumes worn by a cast of computer-generated characters.
Product Photo Gallery
For a more detailed view, click here to launch our Zoom Gallery.
Super resource for costumers and fans
It weighs a ton, but every page is packed with wonderful photos. Not just the usual front-on-from-a-distance, but close ups and details not usually offered in this type of book. A must buy for StarWars costumers.
Posted on Nov 14, 2005 4:41pm