Email this page to a friend:
'Ambush on Hoth' Polystone Diorama
You are looking for:
'Ambush on Hoth'
Please remember the following:
- Sideshow can only refer you to the direct dealer. We do not guarantee that they will still have the item nor do we vouch for the condition or price of the item.
- Sideshow Collectibles will not be involved in any way with any potential transaction resulting from the recommendation.
- You are agreeing to allow us to share your item request and contact information with any vendor(s) in our records that have the item.
Yes, I agree to these Terms & Conditions
Sideshow Collectibles and Lucasfilm are proud to present the Ambush on Hoth scene in one of our most dynamic Star Wars dioramas yet! The immense and detailed sculpture captures the pivotal moment in which the Luke clings to his tauntaun in hopes of fending off the wampa attack. Each diorama is hand cast in high quality polystone, hand-finished and hand painted to exacting standards. The Ambush on Hoth diorama is expertly sculpted in approximately 1:9, standing approximately 18 inches tall. This stunning piece will make an outstanding addition to any Star Wars collection!
- Star Wars
- Product Type:
- Polystone Diorama
- Product Size:
- 18" H (457.2mm) x 19" W (482.6mm) x 18" L (457.2mm)*
- Product Weight:
- 30.00 lbs (13.61 kg)*
- Box Size:
- 20.00" H (508mm) x 26.00" W (660.4mm) x 30.00" L (762mm)*
The shipping cost will be calculated on dimensional weight rather than product weight for this item due to its oversized dimensions.
- Est. Shipping Weight:
- 30.00 lbs (13.61 kg)*
- Dimensional Weight (DIM):
- 81 lbs *
- Int'l Dimensional Weight (DIM):
- 94 lbs *
* Product size and weight are approximate values. Est. Ship Weight is an estimated value for U.S. shipping calculated by item, box and shipping materials. US shipping costs may be estimated in DIM weight if oversized warning appears above. click here for additional information. International shipping costs are only based on dimensional weight, click here for more information.
- Tom Gilliland
- Seth Rinaldi
- Martin Canale
- Adam Beane
- Jesse Lincoln
- Chadwick Andersen
- Heath Hammond
- Steve Riojas
- Anthony Mestas
- The Sideshow Collectibles Design and Development Team
Manufactured by: Sideshow Collectibles
Series content, product specifications, release dates and pricing are subject to change.
Product BackstoryAfter the destruction of the Death Star, the hidden Rebel base on Yavin IV was compromised and their victory over the Empire short lived. The Rebel Alliance scoured the galaxy in search of a suitable outpost for their new base, settling on the frozen world of Hoth. The treacherous world is an unlikely destination, uninhabitable by many species, but offers a chance of sanctuary from the thousands of Imperial Probe Droids that search for the Rebels. It is here that Luke Skywalker and his allies hope to escape detection by Darth Vader and continue their struggle against the Empire.
One of only a few beings capable of surviving Hoth's lethally cold temperatures, large snow lizards called tauntauns are discovered living in the ice caves that form the foundation of the Rebel's new Echo Base. These resilient creatures are soon domesticated, providing a much-needed means of transportation when the bitter cold renders the Rebel patrol vehicles useless. Although unable to withstand the subzero chill of the Hoth night, they allow the Rebels to scout the perimeter of the base by day and to maintain a network of sensors that detect the presence of enemies.
When Luke witnesses a suspicious meteorite impact during his routine patrol duties, his attempt to investigate is cut short when his tauntaun mount begins to exhibit some very nervous behavior. Before Luke can begin to react, he's knocked out of his saddle, and his tauntaun mount falls victim to the ferocity of a deadly wampa. Savage and powerful, the wampa is a skilled with a dense coat of heavy white fur, allowing it to blend in with the surrounding snow and ambush prey with ease. Caught off guard by the cunning attack of this stealthy predator, not even Luke's Force-attuned reflexes are fast enough to save him. His tauntaun slain, Luke is knocked unconscious and dragged through the snow toward an uncertain fate...
Product Photo Gallery
For a more detailed view, click here to launch our Zoom Gallery.
Classic diorama from Empire
I got this piece yesterday and was extremely happy. It's the largest diorama to date and every angle displays well. There's a real sense of menace to the Wampa and the amount of detail in the snow and rocks is most impressive. Highly recommended!
Posted on Jan 14, 2009 2:38pm