Email this page to a friend:
Gandalf the Grey Premium Format Figure
You are looking for:
Gandalf the Grey
Premium Format Figure
Please remember the following:
- Sideshow can only refer you to the direct dealer. We do not guarantee that they will still have the item nor do we vouch for the condition or price of the item.
- Sideshow Collectibles will not be involved in any way with any potential transaction resulting from the recommendation.
- You are agreeing to allow us to share your item request and contact information with any vendor(s) in our records that have the item.
Yes, I agree to these Terms & Conditions
The Sideshow Exclusive version of the Gandalf the Grey Premium Format Figure includes a unique feature available nowhere else: Switch-out hatless portrait for alternate display
The Gandalf the Grey Premium Format figure is a truly stunning representation of the Istari wizard, capturing every aspect of this legendary member of the Fellowship of the Ring. Lighting the way as the Fellowship warily moves through the Mines of Moria, Gandalf's staff is raised, its crystal illuminated by an LED light-up feature. The figure's hand-tailored clothing reflect the layers and details of the wizard's intricate film costume, and each piece is individually painted and finished to exacting standards, each with its own unique quality and detail that is the trademark of a handcrafted Sideshow Collectibles product. This stunning figure is an outstanding addition to any 'The Lord of the Rings' collection, and is the ultimate representation of the most beloved wizard of all time.
- The Lord of the Rings
- Product Type:
- Premium Format Figure
- Product Size:
- 27.5" H (698.5mm) x 9" W (228.6mm) x 13" D (330.2mm)*
- Product Weight:
- 15.00 lbs (6.8 kg)*
- Box Size:
- 30.00" H (762mm) x 11.00" W (279.4mm) x 15.00" L (381mm)*
- Est. Shipping Weight:
- 15.00 lbs (6.8 kg)*
- Dimensional Weight (DIM):
- 18 lbs *
- Int'l Dimensional Weight (DIM):
- 25 lbs *
* Product size and weight are approximate values. Est. Ship Weight is an estimated value for U.S. shipping calculated by item, box and shipping materials. US shipping costs may be estimated in DIM weight if oversized warning appears above. click here for additional information. International shipping costs are only based on dimensional weight, click here for more information.
- Greg Mowry of Geppetto Productions
- Kevin Ellis
- Trevor Grove
- Bernardo Esquivel
- Heath Hammond
- Joe Allard
- Chadwick Andersen
- The Sideshow Collectibles Design and Development Team
Manufactured by: Sideshow Collectibles
Series content, product specifications, release dates and pricing are subject to change.
Product BackstoryAs a member of the Istari, the ancient and powerful Gandalf the Grey is sent to Middle-earth to orchestrate the forces of light against the growing darkness. Gandalf is a trusted ally and provides wise counsel to the many peoples of Middle-earth. First to discover the true nature of Bilbo's Ring, Gandalf guides Bilbo's heir, Frodo Baggins, to Rivendell. There, Frodo takes up the responsibility for the Ring's destruction. Guide and mentor to Frodo in his quest, Gandalf leads the Fellowship of the Ring on the path to the fires of Mount Doom.
As the Fellowship of the Ring ventures deep within the Mines of Moria, they are confronted by one of the most powerful and evil beings in all of Middle-earth, a Balrog. Narrowly making their way across a vast chasm and near to the exit from Moria, the fellowship is overtaken by the beast of shadow and flame. Only the magic and might of Gandalf the Grey is strong enough to save Frodo and his companions. Standing firm in the path of danger, the noble wizard fends off the Balrog as the others escape certain death. The Balrog falls deep into the mines, and though he saves the fellowship, Gandalf is not able to escape the fiery whip of the Balrog. Urging Frodo and the Fellowship to carry on, Gandalf the Grey falls into the abyss.
Though his mortal body is sacrificed, Gandalf the Grey is strong in spirit, deep in wisdom, and skilled in magic. His words as Frodo's friend and mentor continue to guide Frodo as the Fellowship of the Ring ventures to save Middle-earth. His mission to unite the forces of the light is left unfinished, but hope lives on with Frodo and Aragorn.
Product Photo Gallery
For a more detailed view, click here to launch our Zoom Gallery.
The Grey Pilgrim arrives!
A really great piece, but be patient setting it up! Be aware that the power button for the light is located near the left hip of the figure by the sword hilt. Also, if you have this version of the figure you can display the hatless portrait w/out the over-robe, for a completely different set up!
Posted on Sep 14, 2010 12:33am