Email this page to a friend:
Captain America - James 'Bucky' Barnes Premium Format Figure
You are looking for:
Captain America - James 'Bucky' Barnes
Premium Format Figure
Please remember the following:
- Sideshow can only refer you to the direct dealer. We do not guarantee that they will still have the item nor do we vouch for the condition or price of the item.
- Sideshow Collectibles will not be involved in any way with any potential transaction resulting from the recommendation.
- You are agreeing to allow us to share your item request and contact information with any vendor(s) in our records that have the item.
Yes, I agree to these Terms & Conditions
The Bucky Captain America Premium Format figure captures every aspect of the MARVEL patriot with stunning realism. Each piece is individually painted and finished, each with its own unique quality and detail that is the trademark of a handcrafted Sideshow Collectibles product. Featuring a stunning display base, real fabric costume detail, and fully loaded utility belt, the Bucky Captain America Premium Format Figure is an outstanding addition to any Marvel collection.
- Product Type:
- Premium Format Figure
- Product Size:
- 25.5" H (647.7mm) x 11" W (279.4mm) x 11" D (279.4mm)*
- Product Weight:
- 12.00 lbs (5.44 kg)*
- Box Size:
- 28.00" H (711.2mm) x 14.00" W (355.6mm) x 13.00" L (330.2mm)*
- Est. Shipping Weight:
- 15.00 lbs (6.8 kg)*
- Dimensional Weight (DIM):
- 25 lbs *
- Int'l Dimensional Weight (DIM):
- 35 lbs *
* Product size and weight are approximate values. Est. Ship Weight is an estimated value for U.S. shipping calculated by item, box and shipping materials. US shipping costs may be estimated in DIM weight if oversized warning appears above. click here for additional information. International shipping costs are only based on dimensional weight, click here for more information.
- Tony Cipriano
- Jeff Camp
- Bernardo Esquivel
- Seth Rinaldi
- Tim Hanson
- The Sideshow Collectibles Design and Development Team
Manufactured by: Sideshow Collectibles
Series content, product specifications, release dates and pricing are subject to change.
Product BackstoryAs a young boy, James Buchanan Barnes lost his father and was adopted by Camp Lehigh as their mascot, nicknamed "Bucky". It was here that he learned the identity of Captain America, Steve Rogers, and underwent rigorous training to be Cap's sidekick, accompanying him on many adventures. They often worked with the original Invaders, but on a final mission against Baron Zemo, Bucky and Cap hopped on an experimental drone plane in an attempt to disarm a bomb. The bomb detonated, dropping Cap in the North Atlantic, where the Avengers would later find him. American forces never found Bucky's body, and he was presumed dead when in truth he had been found and revived by Russian General Vasily Karpov.
When Bucky awoke, he had no memory of his identity, which gave Karpov an opportunity to reprogram Bucky as a Soviet assassin called the Winter Soldier. He was sent all across the globe, committing political assassinations with huge effects on the Cold War. His memory implantation caused mental instability, however, and he was kept in stasis between missions to prevent rebellion. Later, the Winter Soldier kidnapped S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Sharon Carter, who told Captain America upon her rescue that she believed her captor to be Bucky. Later, Nick Fury confirmed to Cap that the Winter Soldier was indeed his former partner.
When Lukin ordered the Winter Soldier to bury the Cosmic Cube in an underground bunker, Cap tracked him down and defeated him. After the battle, Cap used the Cosmic Cube to restore Bucky's memories, but Bucky then destroyed the Cube and disappeared. All but Captain America believed him to be dead, but Bucky later resurfaced and aided Wolverine in escaping Weapon X.
When the Superhuman Registration Act was passed, S.H.I.E.L.D's Nick Fury recruited Bucky for covert operations, so as to protect Captain America from government forces. In the aftermath of the seeming death of Steve Rogers, Barnes became the new Captain America. Rogers survived, but upon his return, he gave Barnes his blessings to continue as Captain America on the Avengers while he accepted a federal role as an administrator managing super-heroes.
Product Photo Gallery
For a more detailed view, click here to launch our Zoom Gallery.
I actually bought the exclusive but to be honest I like it better with the mask on. Pics do not do this piece justice as with many of SS pieces. The uniform is fantastic, the paint job is one of the best I have seen on a PFF. Get this by any means possible.
Posted on Jun 02, 2011 1:22am