Email this page to a friend:
C-3PO Life-Size Bust
You are looking for:
Please remember the following:
- Sideshow can only refer you to the direct dealer. We do not guarantee that they will still have the item nor do we vouch for the condition or price of the item.
- Sideshow Collectibles will not be involved in any way with any potential transaction resulting from the recommendation.
- You are agreeing to allow us to share your item request and contact information with any vendor(s) in our records that have the item.
Yes, I agree to these Terms & Conditions
Sideshow Collectibles is proud to announce the C-3PO Life-size Bust, created in conjunction with renowned robot craftsman Fred Barton. Each piece is individually painted and hand-finished, each with its own unique quality and detail that is the trademark of a handcrafted Sideshow Collectibles product. Crafted of fiberglass and polystone and complete with light-up eyes* and a detachable magnetic restraining bolt accessory, the C-3PO Life-size Bust is sure to become the premier addition to any Star Wars display.
*Battery Powered - Battery included
- Star Wars
- Product Type:
- Life-Size Bust
- Product Size:
- 24.5" H (622.3mm) x 21.5" W (546.1mm) x 11" D (279.4mm)*
- Product Weight:
- 30.00 lbs (13.61 kg)*
- Box Size:
- 37.00" H (939.8mm) x 24.00" W (609.6mm) x 13.00" L (330.2mm)*
The shipping cost will be calculated on dimensional weight rather than product weight for this item due to its oversized dimensions.
- Est. Shipping Weight:
- 35.00 lbs (15.88 kg)*
- Dimensional Weight (DIM):
- 42 lbs *
- Int'l Dimensional Weight (DIM):
- 57 lbs *
* Product size and weight are approximate values. Est. Ship Weight is an estimated value for U.S. shipping calculated by item, box and shipping materials. US shipping costs may be estimated in DIM weight if oversized warning appears above. click here for additional information. International shipping costs are only based on dimensional weight, click here for more information.
Artist: The Sideshow Collectibles Design and Development Team
Manufactured by: Sideshow Collectibles
Series content, product specifications, release dates and pricing are subject to change.
Product BackstoryCobbled together from scraps and salvaged parts, C-3PO is a fussy and worrying protocol droid built by the young Anakin Skywalker on the desert planet Tatooine. When Anakin befriended Padme Naberrie of Naboo, C-3PO first met her astromech droid, R2-D2. The two formed a fast friendship, working together to perfect Master Anakin's Podracer for an upcoming competition. The more experienced R2 told 3PO of the hazards of space travel, to which C-3PO proclaimed that he would never set foot into one of those, as he put it, dreadful starships.
Years later, C-3PO and R2-D2 would become the property of the Royal House of Alderaan, an influential family of nobles with ties to the growing Rebel Alliance. The two droids were aboard Princess Leia Organa's consular vessel when it was attacked by an Imperial Star Destroyer. The vessel crippled, Leia stored vital Rebel information in R2's memory systems -- unbeknownst to 3PO. R2 then took it upon himself to complete Leia's failed mission, though 3PO knew nothing of its details.
R2 commandeered an escape pod, and rocketed away from the captured craft, crash-landing on the barren desert world of Tatooine, returning C-3PO to his homeland. There, the droids were taken captive by Jawa traders, and sold to moisture farmer Owen Lars and his nephew Luke Skywalker. Determined to complete his mission of finding famed war hero General Obi-Wan Kenobi, R2 ran away in the middle of the night, leaving 3PO and Luke to search for him the next morning. C-3PO and Luke eventually found R2, as well as Obi-Wan Kenobi. This started an incredible chain of events that saw C-3PO catapulted into an adventure beyond his imagination.
About Fred Barton: Fred Barton is the Robot Man. Captivated by characters like Gort and Robby the Robot, Fred discovered a unique talent for model building and the fabrication of robot parts. In 1996, he began creating robots for private collectors and museums. Sideshow Collectibles is proud to partner with Fred Barton to bring new life to C-3PO and R2-D2, employing Fred's talents to create museum quality reproductions of the two most famous droids from the Star Wars galaxy.
Product Photo Gallery
For a more detailed view, click here to launch our Zoom Gallery.
Wich Ewok wouldent love the golden god
Amazing in every detail, gold finish are awsome, light up eyes are beautiful and moveable head and magnetich lock makes it over the top for me....6 stars
Posted on Feb 07, 2011 5:32pm