Email this page to a friend:
Serenity - The Big Damn Replica Prop Replica
You are looking for:
Serenity - The Big Damn Replica
Please remember the following:
- Sideshow can only refer you to the direct dealer. We do not guarantee that they will still have the item nor do we vouch for the condition or price of the item.
- Sideshow Collectibles will not be involved in any way with any potential transaction resulting from the recommendation.
- You are agreeing to allow us to share your item request and contact information with any vendor(s) in our records that have the item.
Yes, I agree to these Terms & Conditions
Sideshow Collectibles is proud to present the Serenity - 'The Big Damn Replica' Scaled Prop Replica by Quantum Mechanix. Celebrated by millions of fans around the world, the titular ship of Joss Whedon's visionary movie masterpiece, Serenity, has existed in all its glory in digital form only - until now. More than three years in the making, Serenity - The Big Damn Replica, has been painstakingly crafted to be absolutely screen-accurate in every aspect. Unlike most ships from science fiction, Serenity was designed from the ground up to be as realistic as possible, from her floor plan to her construction, using real-world components and manufacturing processes. As one of her creators observed, the idea was to make Serenity so real, fans could see themselves walking her decks. With such a sense of place and familiarity, viewers would never feel lost in this Firefly-Class Transport.
When it came time to develop this replica, we could do no less. Every bolt, every seam and every asymmetrical plate has been recreated with exacting attention to detail in this first and only screen-accurate replica of Serenity. Years of intense effort have gone into all aspects of this model, from the model sculpture built from the movie special effects master files to the paint job created to match not just the colors of the ship, but the materials as well.
The Serenity - The Big Damn Replica Prop Replica features:
- One big boat. Our Serenity measures 19"x12"x7", or 1:180 scale. (display stand adds 4.5")
- Incredible complexity.The kit used to build Serenity consists of more than 250 parts, including resin, brass, aluminum and laser-cut acrylic. Many of the parts are custom-cut by hand, just for your replica.
- Film-quality build. Some 30 different colors, including flat and metallic paint, are used in the ship's multilayer paint job.
- Spitting image. Weathering, wear and other painting effects are used to exactly mirror the movie version of ship.
- Superior components. Surfaces are crafted to simulate real-world materials - metal, ceramic, even the mirrored surfaces of the solar panels.
- No decals. All graphics on Serenity are painted on by hand, even Serenity's logo.
- SFX Edition. Serenity - The Big Damn Replica incorporates some 32 lighting effects, including static, flashing, strobe and chase lights.
- Signature Edition. Nathan Fillion, Captain Mal himself, will be signing the builder's plaque that comes with each Big Damn Replica.
- Wireless remote. The SFX Edition replica includes a wireless remote control to operate lights with a special button for activating "hard burn." Lighting system automatically shuts down after 15 minutes to help protect the both the lights and model.
- Cool display. Serenity's display base/diorama looks like a landing pad straight out of The Verse. It comes with an acrylic cradle that shows Serenity in flight.
- Big Damn Heroes. Crew members can be seen on the bridge.
- Pro Prop Crate. Each Serenity is shipped in custom-cut foam and stored in a hand-built wooden apple crate, just like what the pros use to safeguard their props.
- Jason Palmer Exclusive Art Print. Jason Palmer, one of the premier portrait artists working in entertainment today, was so taken with our girl that he's creating an special art print of Serenity only available with the Big Damn Replica.
- The Build. The Big Damn Replica is offered for order built as shown in the attached photos.
- The Edition Size. Serenity - The Big Damn Replica will be limited to 1,000 pieces worldwide.
- Product Type:
- Prop Replica
- Product Size:
- 23.5" H (596.9mm) x 12" W (304.8mm) x 7" L (177.8mm)*
- Product Weight:
- 24.00 lbs (10.89 kg)*
- Box Size:
- 24.00" H (609.6mm) x 12.00" W (304.8mm) x 16.00" L (406.4mm)*
- Est. Shipping Weight:
- 24.00 lbs (10.89 kg)*
- Dimensional Weight (DIM):
- Int'l Dimensional Weight (DIM):
* Product size and weight are approximate values. Est. Ship Weight is an estimated value for U.S. shipping calculated by item, box and shipping materials. US shipping costs may be estimated in DIM weight if oversized warning appears above. click here for additional information. International shipping costs are only based on dimensional weight, click here for more information.
Manufactured by: Quantum Mechanix
Series content, product specifications, release dates and pricing are subject to change.
Product Photo Gallery
For a more detailed view, click here to launch our Zoom Gallery.