Meet Alex and Brandy, the lucky winners of our San Diego Comic-Con 2013 Trip Giveaway, sponsored by ThinkGeek.com and the 501st Legion: Vader’s Fist costuming organization!
Alex told us, “This was our first time at Comic-Con, and it felt like entering a dream!”
“After I found out I won the contest I was ecstatic! When I told my sister she acted like a firework exploding with joy, hopping everywhere and telling me to take her. The coolest thing was, it’s hard to say… EVERYTHING!!! Meeting random people who have the same interests, and getting to know Sideshow Collectibles. Everybody there is awesome!”
The brother-and-sister duo arrived Thursday morning, and were greeted with bayside hotel rooms decked out with swag from ThinkGeek.com. Among their bounty they found tauntaun sleeping bags, Star Trek Kirk and Spock bathrobes, Angry Birds slippers, Penguin Mints, and Shower Shock soap bars. The room was also outfitted with Sideshow’s Star Wars figures, huge Sideshow posters and a golden ticket invitation to a private party with the Sideshow crew!
On Friday morning, the 501st Legion gave Alex and Brandy an escort worthy of the Emperor to the Sideshow Collectibles booth. After snapping a few quick photos we turned them loose to enjoy the show!
On Friday night they joined us for good times at the ‘Sideshow Freaks’ Comic-Con party!
When all was said and done with the panels, parties, cosplay and other Con commotion Alex and Brandy gave us this advice for next year’s winners:
Alex and Brandy’s guide to Comic-Con
- Find an area to meet up if you get lost – we suggest the Sideshow Collectibles booth!
- Don’t forget to bring extra batteries for your camera
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Bring snacks! The food in downtown San Diego is good, but expensive
- Hot tub and cell phones don’t mix
- If you want to go to the panels, plan ahead cause you might need to wake up very early
- Bring cash cause some booths like to haggle
- If you need help just ask – People there are friendly!