About This Sixth Scale Figure
From the cult classic television show “Firefly,” QMx is excited to bring you the exclusive Signature Edition of the sixth scale articulated collectible figure of Malcolm Reynolds, the captain of the Firefly-class transport Serenity.
No effort was spared in the creation of this peerless replica of Captain Reynolds, the first in Quantum Mechanix’s line of realistic 1:6 scale figures of Firefly’s Big Damn Heroes. Standing 12 inches tall, every detail - from Mal’s pistol to his suspenders - was taken directly from QMx’s extensive library of screen-used costume and prop reference. This attention to detail is topped off by one of the most realistic renderings of actor Nathan Fillion ever done, created by world-renowned likeness sculptor, Trevor Grove.
Included with the figure is an exclusive Firefly Ship Works builder’s plaque autographed by Nathan Fillion. Hand-signed at QMx headquarters, this 2 ¼ x 5 inch metal plaque includes specs about Serenity’s origin as well as Nathan Fillion’s autograph.
From broad strokes to fine details, this wonderfully crafted collectible figure captures the unshakable character and spirit of Malcolm Reynolds.
What's in the Box?
The Malcolm Reynolds (Signature Edition) Sixth Scale Articulated Figure includes:
- Exclusive Firefly Ship Works builder's plaque autographed by Nathan Fillion
- Fully Articulated Body with 38 points of articulation which allow the figure to be displayed in multiple dynamic poses, closely mimicking the life-like gestures and stances of a real person who's been shrunk down to 1/6th of normal size
- Realistic Portrait: The figure’s portrait has been sculpted by hand to capture not just a likeness, but the essence of Mal’s character. Paint and material are carefully chosen to faithfully represent how light reacts with skin and hair to push the realism even further
- Browncoat: The pattern and fabric are matched from the original screen-used coat. Everything from the microsuede material to the brass buckles gives this coat the heft and drape to move realistically with the figure
- Button-Down Shirt: Authentically tailored to fit the articulated body like a real shirt
- Tight Pants: Custom fit for thrilling heroics, these tight pants come complete with “Solo” stripes on the sides
- Suspenders: Gotta keep your tight pants up! These suspenders use real fabric and simulated leather to match the real thing
- Boots: Mal’s boots are sculpted to look like heavy-grain, weathered leather and posed to showcase the wide confident stance of a ship’s captain
- Gun Belt and Holster: Buckles, hardware and simulated leather are all cut to match the screen-used costume
- Mal's Pistol: The Moses Bros’ sidearm can sit in the holster or fit into the special plug-and-play “shooting” hand
- PAL Communicator: For when Mal needs to tell Jayne he’s standing right next to him
- Lassiter Laser Pistol: Screen-accurate Lassiter and a modular hand to hold it with. First appearing in the Firefly episode “Trash,” it was Mal’s biggest haul
- Left and Right Gloved Hands: Since 1:6 scale fingers are just too small to articulate in a convincing way, multiple posed hands are provided, each one easily swapped out
- Left and Right Bare Fists: For the next time you find yourself in an Alliance-friendly bar come U-Day, looking for a quiet drink
- Right Pistol Hand: Each hand is meticulously sculpted for not only correct anatomy but also to hold the many accessories the figure can be displayed with. This one holds Mal’s trusty sidearm
- Left Open Hand: Can hold a PAL in a pinch
- Figure Display Base: To help the upright man stay that way
Additional Details & Dimensions
- Product Size
- 12" H (304.8mm)*
- Box Size
- 9.00" H (228.6mm) x 13.00" W (330.2mm) x 16.00" L (406.4mm)*
- Dimensional Weight
- 9.0000 lbs*
- Int'l Dim. Weight
- 14.0000 lbs*
* Size and weight are approximate values.
Did You Know?
Some items are available only from Sideshow.com.
Shop with Confidence
Award-winning customer support with a 30-day guarantee.
For Firefly fans
This piece was more than i expected, it really captures Malcolms ruggedly good looks and the quality of the piece was superb! Signature was also a great bonus! i recommend this to any fan of Firefly or Nathan Fillion.
— Jukka Parviainen
This is another of those rare figures that look so much greater in person. My wife & I are are Firefly fans and so glad we got one. Details are brilliant, fabrics are right on, accessories are perfect. Alternate more realistic head option is appreciated, too. Can't wait for Jayne!
— Jeremy S.
I am in love
So happy to own this, as a huge fan of firefly this was a must have for me. To have it come with an autographed plate and Lassiter gun was an added bonus. If you love firefly, buy this!
— Mike Turner
Branch, NL, Canada