Top ten greatest Han Solo moments of all time
One of the most memorable Star Wars heroes, Han Solo is really just your regular, average, everyday guy. And yet somehow, he manages to hold his own in a galaxy filled with unthinkable horrors; a giant space slug who wants to turn him into a wall trophy, a Sith Lord who can Force choke a person to death just by thinking about it, and a moon-sized space station capable of blowing up entire planets.
With little more than his roguish charm, a fast ship, and a good blaster at his side, Han is always taking care of business, making the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs, risking his life to save his friends, taking out bounty hunters, and getting the girl. To celebrate the scruffy nerf-herder’s amazing career, from a lowly criminal smuggler to decorated General in the Rebel Alliance, we’ve rounded up 10 of the most awesome Han Solo moments.
10. The time Han chased a couple of stormtroopers… into a huge hangar bay full of stormtroopers.
“He certainly has courage…”
9. The time Han was tied up and about to be roasted by Ewoks.
“I have a really bad feeling about this.”
8. The time Han smuggled himself and his friends past the Empire in the Millenium Falcon.
“Boy, it’s lucky you have these compartments.”
7. Every time he got completely fed up with C-3PO’s logic.
“Never tell me the odds!”
6. The time he set out to find Luke on Hoth, despite the chance his tauntaun might freeze before the first marker.
“Ugh, and I thought they smelled bad on the outside!”
5. The time he tried to head off Imperial Officers over an intercom, and politely asked how they were doing.
“Boring conversation anyway!”
4. The time he shot Greedo, and then apologized to the cantina owner for making a scene.
“Sorry about the mess.”
3. The time he accidentally sent Boba Fett flying into a sarlaac.
“Boba Fett? Boba Fett! Where?”
2. The time Leia fell for the stuck up, half-witted scruffy looking nerf-herder.
“I love you.” “I know.”
1. The time Sideshow Collectibles, Empire Magazine and ThinkGeek teamed up to give fans a chance to win a Life-Size Han Solo in Carbonite, worth nearly $7000, and a huge runner-up Han Solo prize pack!